THE Blog

So this is what we've been up to…

5/6 Camp

| 0 comments

On the 18th of September the year 5/6 went on school camp to Anglesea recreation camp. When we got to the camp we met Chelsea and talked about what we were going to do at the camp and what to expect. One of my favourite activities was the Giant Swing.

The giant swing is 18 meters tall and you go up to about16 meters. You had to wear a harness which was very complicating. Then when it was my turn I had to sit on a ladder. Then the instructor would clip a rope to my harness that would keep me safe.

My team mates had to support me by pulling a rope that would pull me up to the top. Then the instructor told everyone to give a count down. By the time they already said two I was like freaking out and they one I was so scared that I couldn’t pull the string.

I tried and tried then I used both hands and got the shock of my life. After a few swings I could see a river and houses I could see the yabbying group. I felt lie I was Tarzan. It was so much fun.

When I got down I was so scared I could hardly move but I would say it was the best experience and I would love to do it again.

By Ashanya